Saturday, September 10, 2005

Good time at the Newtonia Fall Festival

It was good to see and talk to some Turner Report readers today at the Newtonia Fall Festival where Natural Disaster concluded the day's entertainment. This was our third time to play at the festival. We first played there in September 2002, which went pretty well, but last year's performance was a nightmare.
Playing in Newtonia, my hometown, for some reason I introduced myself as coming from another town (I didn't even realize it until I heard the tape afterward). I also somehow got off track on the old Bobby Bare song, "500 Miles."
As far as I could tell today, there were no problems of that sort. I even managed to make it through "Little Latin Lupe Lu" and the Roy Orbison song, "Oh, Pretty Woman" without incident.
The crowd was great and we had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, having done a little too much rock-n-roll earlier in life, I was unable to stay until their last song, but Randy's group was superb this year, and you should have heard our favorite newsman and teacher belt out "Devil Woman." It was powerful, almost as though he had had a personal encounter with her, but "Mary" had taken him back. Great job to Randy and the entire group. They're quite good. I didn't get to meet his father, but Randy's mother chaired the event and it is easy to see why he is so talented and a good looker. A wonderful time by many in old Newtonia this year. :-)