Friday, September 16, 2005

I've waited for years to use this line

Governor Matt Blunt will be back on the road tomorrow to accept recognition as one of the U. S. Jaycees' Ten Outstanding Young Americans, according to a news release from the governor's office.
The release mentioned that the award had previously been received by such notables as President John F. Kennedy and former Vice President Dan Quayle.
I never knew John Kennedy, but I know Dan Quayle, and Matt Blunt, you're no Dan Quayle.
Reportedly, the 10th position on the list was a tossup between the governor, Britney Spears' husband Kevin Federline, and SpongeBob Square Pants.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you're no William A. White or Solomon.

Teacher have much influence on their students. With your attitude, I'm glad you don't teach my children.

Randy said...

It's obvious you weren't one of my students.

Anonymous said...

Slander! Libel! What have you got against Spongebob?

Anonymous said...

But what about the "Can you hear me now" guy?
I would be delighted for Randy to teach my child that there is a path other than the one the rest of the sheep follow. Keep up the good work, Randy!

Anonymous said...

And Matt Blunt is the exact opposite of John Kennedy. However, I'm fairly sure Richard Nixon was a recipient, too. I was very active in the Jaycees for many years, and appreciate what an esteemed honor it is to be chosen to stand among a generally elite or unique group of TOYA (formerly Ten Outstanding Young Men when the organization was for men only), generally considered to be the 'cream of the crop' for past and future achievements. While I congratulate anyone who is included for the distinction, there surely must have been a short list of candidates this year. Whoever nominated him must not have told the truth or the whole truth on the form. While his achievements have been astonishing for his age, he did have a headstart, and how he conducts affairs as Governor of Missouri is certainly not worthy of good recognition. Randy, you're more qualified than Blunt for the accolade, but unfortuantely you're too darned old. Formerly, one could not be over 35 to receive the award, but I think they've now raised that to 40. Thanks Randy for your many contributions to our citizens.