Thursday, September 08, 2005

'Small Town News' coming soon

I have had a few readers e-mail and ask what the status is on my novel, "Small Town News." It appears it is on schedule to be published sometime in November. I sent the final revisions in over the weekend.
I will be setting up a website to go along with the book in the near future and when that happens, I will mention it on this blog (probably more than once).
As those who have read previous mentions of "Small Town News" know, it was inspired by the Oct. 31, 2001, occurrences in Diamond while I was teaching in the Diamond R-4 School District. On that day, the bank was robbed and Superintendent Greg Smith, the man who hired me to teach at Diamond, disappeared. His body was found several days later in a pond just outside of Diamond.
The book centers around media coverage when such an event hits a small town. I will write more about this in the next few weeks. Thanks for asking.

No comments: